Kamatan: Agriculture App for farmers
Stage of adaption :
Crop Planning Stage/Cultivation Stage/Post Harvest Stage
Agriculture App is an Android application for farmers that connects farmers to information, products, service providers and market linkages. The technology consists of:
● Android App: The medium using which farmer interacts with information and avail products or services. More details available on the PlayStore page here.
● Information System: We have developed a system that can get information from multiple sources like news websites, agri related govt schemes, agriculture research institutes, Meteorological department etc. and aggregate it in our system.
● Recommendation System: We are building a recommendation system that shows relevant content to farmers based on their location, crops, stage of cropping season etc. and activity of the farmer on the app.
● Integrations: Our app can connect with other systems (some of which we are building) which allow purchasing of inputs, accessing credit, availing services like soil testing, machinery on rent etc. and accessing market linkages through our app. This feature is currently being built.
● Farmer information: We are also building a system that allows farmers to provide information about them and getting better recommendations based on provided information.
● Actionable Advisory: Farmers get access to information like Crop Advisory, Package of practice, News, Weather forecast and information related to government schemes. Farmers can use this information to better plan their activities and reduce their costs.
● Access to products, services and market linkages: Our app provides information regarding multiple sellers of inputs, service providers and buyers of harvest. Farmers can use this information to make informed decisions about where they buy their inputs, whom to sell the output and what services to avail to improve their margins.
Technology Not Protected
Our target customers are farmers who want to use new and modern agricultural practices, avail new alternatives to buy their input and sell their harvest.
Our product and technology can scale across geographical locations, crops and number of users.
Access to information is the only limiting factor for large scale commercialisation. It will take us around 15-30 days to add information related to a new geographical location (state level) or language.
Currently it is available to be used by farmers free of any cost
● Adoption of modern practices: Information available on our app makes it easier and lucrative for farmers to adopt modern practices and technologies in their agricultural activities.
● Improved margins: Information available on our app will enable farmers to reduce their input costs, avail benefits from relevant government schemes and get better prices for their produce.
● Reduced dependency on local traders: Local traders tend to procure harvest at lower prices from farmers and extend loans at higher rates which creates a vicious cycle for a farmer. Our app connects farmers to multiple alternatives like FPOs, agri-enterprises etc. which creates more transparency for farmers.